The following File Sharing Use Case is an example of a Storgrid deployment at an Life Insurance Company
This insurance company provides insurance, pensions and asset management in more than 25 countries. Today, the company is one of the largest insurance companies in the United States, and ranks high in the Dutch group pensions market. It also has strong market positions in individual and group pensions in the UK. Over 28,000 employees help millions of customers take responsibility for their financial future.
With several joint ventures across Asia Pacific this insurance company faces challenges on its various management boards. With their current board meeting tool the possibilities to collaborate and share large files are limited. The paper trail for each meeting is currently massive and there is the desire for various members, with different ownership rights, to access the required files at any location at any time on a device of their own choice.
With Storgrid, the provider is able to offer its clients a full EFFS solution. By replacing the current board meeting tool with Storgrid, the insurer deployed a full Enterprise File Share and Sync solution. With its extensive features it accommodates its users, mainly board members of their many joint ventures, in their need to acces the required files at the location and time that they choose. Many of the users travel extensively, making mobile access to crucial documents of the utmost importance. The non-intrusive implementation, where no data needed to be migrated, was done in hours by connecting the Storgrid server directly with the active directory (AD). Not only the existing right structures were observed, also a detailed reporting possibility was activated, allowing the company full insights into who shared what with whom.
Storgrid offers the insurer the following benefits:
- Instant access to the relevant board meeting files at any location for any board member
- Extensive collaboration possibilities
- Diminishing the paper trail, no more need to send around big physical files
- The company is in full control of the data
- Effortless implementation of the software, no data migration needed
- Possibility to set access rights, f.e. read only, write or full access, per document, per user.
- Reduction in cost by using existing infrastructure and a more economical license structure