SECURE FILE SHARE AND SYNC IN THE Scientific and Engineering INDUSTRY
Scientific and engineering organizations are driven by Big Data applications with the need to process, store, and share access of massive amounts of data. These data intense applications deal with large file sizes that don’t lend themselves to email or file transfer solutions. File sharing is the killer app when conducting research and performing various forms of modeling and simulations. These data sharing applications can span a wide variety of industry segments from aerospace and quantum mechanics to next-generation sequencing and medical imaging. Although these applications are all different, they do share a common thread with the need for team collaboration and file sharing to search, align, and correlate data sets.
o Large File Productivity
- Access to folders with large file sets can be efficiently shared without moving them and this reduces the amount of bandwidth required versus file transfer or email alternatives.
- Enable BYOD for device flexibility when accessing large files such as data sets, 2D/3D drawings, rendered images, and other large files anytime and on any device.
o Better Decision Making
- Secure file sync and share guarantees that project teams with mobile and remote personnel can collaborate better and make well-informed decisions during scientific and engineering research projects.
- Providing real-time access and interaction to updated drawings by all team members enables more efficient project coordination while keeping scientific and engineering projects on time and on budget.
- Preview the latest files, provide version control, check status, and manage sign-offs on projects through file collaboration.