SECURE FILE SHARE AND SYNC IN THE MANUFACTURING INDUSTRY
Manufacturing companies are now dealing with a complex supply chain with employees, suppliers, and customers requiring the sharing of information to fast cycle bringing products to market and create a competitive edge in the marketplace with file sharing applications like dynamic configuration management to address the shrinking time-to-market and time-to-volume capabilities. Manufacturers not only need to communicate with employees across plant locations, but they also need to collaborate with vendors, partners, and clients across multiple locations.
o Accelerate Supply Chain Communication and Planning
- Share current and new product projects in secure folders with access by the device of choice including desktops, laptops, tablets, and smartphones.
- Instantly update team members on changes to product specifications, bill of material, outsourced components, and other product dynamics across the organization.
- Provide real-time tracking of change control and new versions while maintaining older versions for audit and compliance.
- Respond to competitive pressures with new product capabilities and the ability to communicate these changes internally and externally with outside vendors, partners, and clients.
o Protection of Valuable Assets
- Centrally manage all versions of product information beyond the end-of-life of the product for quality control and big data analytic applications for future planning and decision making.
- Meet regulatory mandates, prepare for potential litigation on product liability, and facilitate support across the entire span of life for products.
- Provide folder and file integration to departmental applications with designated read, change, and delete privilege protection of information assets.
o Improve Customer Relations
- Create sharable folders for work collaboration between internal departments, external partners, and outsourced suppliers to enhance communications and quality processes.
- Maintain version control on all contracts, terms and conditions, agreements, and other iterations of documents in folders specific to each supplier or partner.
- Share internally and externally with team members all versions of product designs, specifications, pricing, and warranties in a secure and protected environment.