Pre Sales Consultant / Evangelist
The Pre Sales Consultant and Evangelist (PSCE) will provide technical product evangelism, ensure product demonstration success, and support the Storgrid community. As a Storgrid product expert, the PSCE will generate technical white papers, how-to guides, technical tips blogs, best practice guides, technical evaluation guides, deployment sizing tools, best-practice guides, etc. The PSCE will support/enable SEs to deliver demonstrations to prospects and support proofs of concepts. This includes not only demo environment architectural design, implementation, and maintenance, but also delivering demonstrations at events, usergroup meetings, or to prospects when SEs are unavailable. Lastly, the PSCE will own the back-end infrastructure for the Storgrid Community and support the community owner by providing technical expertise relative to Storgrid EFS and community contributed Storgrid EFS and customizations.
- Become a Storgrid EFS product expert and support SEs & Channel Management to deliver demonstrations and PoCs.
- Author technical white papers, how-to guides, evaluation guides, tech-tip blogs, and deployment sizing tools, among other technical documentation.
- Support evangelism goals with recorded and live demonstrations in support of technical marketing goals; attend and represent Storgrid at technical user group meetings and events as needed; engage with influential bloggers, on vendor communities, and on technical forums.
- Work with Product Marketing and pre-sales System Engineering to understand demonstration scenarios and desired value-propositions that need to be communicated and ensure demo environment readiness 24×7.
- Design, document, deploy, and maintain a demonstration environment for company-wide use, including updating the demo environment to support new product versions and capabilities, as well as backing up the demo environment.
- Work with Product Development to understand application architecture and requirements, and to then translate these requirements into the demo environment design.
- Provide product management with feature requirements and assist with feature prioritization validation.
- Own Storgrid Community site backend and work closely with community owner – support the Storgrid Community site forums including validating Storgrid EFS and engaging with customers in the quest to develop Storgrid EFS.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 2+ years of experience as a pre-sales technical engineer or solution architect
- 1+ years programming experience
- 2+ years Linux experience – system administrator functional knowledge
- 2+ years of virtualization experience (VMware, OpenStack, Xen, etc.)
- Solid understanding of Cisco networking technologies and configuration (firewall, VPN, DNS, routers, switches, etc.) along with a solid understanding of general networking in a virtualized environment
- Automation experience, including experience with writing and utilizing scripts or other technologies to automate tasks for repeatability and scalability
- Excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills
- Technical writing samples required
- Proven track record of architecting/building systems, deploying applications, and developing documentation for technical systems for use by users of those systems
- Experience demonstrating or showcasing technology
- Ability to diagnose a situation and rapidly develop workarounds and solutions
- Experience as an administrator for a Saas/Cloud/Hosted environment a plus
- Self-starter with the ability to excel in highly unstructured environments and work across all functions of the company
- Ability to get things done; must be resourceful, proactive, and aggressive
- Quality, out-of-the box thinker that is open-minded, creative, intelligent, and self-confident
- Highly entrepreneurial with a strong passion, urgency, energy, dedication, and an unrelenting drive to succeed and win
- Extremely well organized, detail-oriented, and possessing a high level of integrity
- Team player that works well in collaborative situations
- Native English speaking is required
The Pre Sales Consultant – Evangelist will be based in The Netherlands. The position requires frequent business travel.
WANT TO APPLY?
To apply, please email info@Storgrid.com and put Pre Sales Consultant & Evangelist in the subject. Include a cover letter with your resume and attach any relevant technical writing samples.